Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
You will join the RAN Business Unit and will enjoy our culture of innovation, openness, discipline, simplicity, accountability, and profit mindset. Your future teams are developing Nokia 3GPP mainstream radio technology products and solutions including cross-technology responsibility (Multi Radio Access Technology). Your unit’s main priorities are flawless execution of System programs including Network Management & Optimization and attached services.
What you will learn and contribute to
Join us and enjoy best software craftsmanship practices such as OO design principles, clean code, code review, pair programming and test-driven development. We create products which helps telecom operators to manage their networks in a cutting-edge way. Together we can make operator’s life easier!
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Software Technology or equivalent education
- practical experience in commercial Java coding
- familiarity with web framework like Angular or ReactJS
- familiar with SW development life cycle
- practical knowledge of design patterns
- analytical thinking skills
- teamwork skills
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- ready to relocate to Wroclaw, living in or nearby
- designing new functionalities in cooperation with specifications specialist
- implementing new features
- maintaining existing codebase (refactoring, bug fixing)
- test at unit, module and integration level
- working with Scrum team’s members according to best Agile practices
- cooperating with Nokias worldwide experts
Your skills and experience
- Java8 or greater (any Java version) experience >2y
- Spring (Core, Boot; experience >2y)
- JPA/Spring Data/ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate) experience >2y
- HTTP, REST WebServices
- Docker, docker-compose
- Microservices architecture
- Cloud-native applications (microservices, containers, DevOps, continuous delivery) concept
- OpenStack, VMware
Should have experience or knowledge:
- Messaging solutions (Kafka, JMS)
- Java Application Servers (e.g. WebSphere, JBoss/WildFly) or Java Web Containers (e.g. Tomcat)
- Kubernetes, Helm
- Cloud-computing platform (e.g. OpenStack)
Nice to have experience or knowledge:
- Stream processing solutions (Spark, Flume, Storm)
- Search engine (ElasticSearch, Kibana)
- Telemetry/metrics (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Identity & access management (Keycloak)
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.