At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
SDAN Systems Integration Specialist conducts target-oriented research to directly apply findings to the specification, design and incremental improvement of products, services, systems, tools, processes, etc. Integrates, verifies, tests system components and capitalizes on innovative solutions to meet particular requirements and specifications.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for an SDAN Systems Integration Subject Matter Expert.
Nokia software-defined access networks (SDAN) simplify the network in ways that renew your ability to scale while improving agility and keeping costs under control. Virtualization allows operators to automate the network and unlock new capabilities with smart, cloud-native access.
SDAN uses software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) to speed up innovation cycles in a multivendor environment, leverage cost-effective cloud platforms that simplify IT integration, and scale up your ability to program and automate the network. Software-defined access networks give you an optimized next-generation access network.
Nokia pioneers with the first cloud-native platform that helps operators get more value from their fixed access network, delivering the widest range of software-defined use cases.
As the Fixed Networks product portfolio is getting virtualized, we as Fixed Networks Professional Services are evolving our services portfolio to support software-defined and cloud-based solutions.
With this assignment, you will be responsible, for both internal and external customer projects, to support the integration, validation and implementation of new applications within an agile framework.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Obtains knowledge on the Fixed Networks technology domains like
- Next Generation PON, etc. Professional Services is working typically around use cases to link and leverage the technology domain with the Services Innovations & applications. Examples are GPON E2E Network Build Control Management
- DSL (for example G.fast) Implementation
- OSS Integration
- Fixed Access Network Slicing
- Wireless PON Implementation
- Nokia Altiplano Access Controller solution.
- Develops software for SDAN solutions
- Uses agile methods and the environment to work on solutions.
- Implements CI/CD practices.
- Applies and maintains quality standards. Participates in process and tools evolution and improvements.
- Defines and develops application projects considering speed, cost, efficiency, utilization, value, requirements, and business objectives.
- Collects process improvement ideas and drives change management around processes with the stakeholders.
- Is behaving as an innovator. Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions. Requires minimum supervision. Uses non-standard approaches to resolving issues. Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation. Demonstrates initiative & adaptability to changing business environments. Is willing to take on new roles or jobs appropriate to skill set in different environments and/or locations.
- Expertise and experience on new Software and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Good and practical knowledge of broadband telecommunication technologies like: GPON, NGPON2, G.Fast, XDSL
- Good and practical knowledge of nokia ISAM/Lightspan products
- Knowledge of AMS including APC plugins
- Prior experience in Network Management Solutions and Access Technologies
- Good knowledge of Linux, Cloud & Virtualization, Kubernetes, Containerization
- Knowledge of next generation management & control plane protocols like NetConf/YANG, IPFIX, GRPC, etc.
- Ability to work with Open Source software – study, install, configure, and maintain.
- Efficiently navigating in Linux systems, including creation of simple shell scripts and configuration files.
- Knowledge of SDN
- Knowledge of Nokia Altiplano Access Controller solution
- Good L2/L3 knowledge with hands on experience with SNMP protocol
- Ability to use and create Web Services
- Mentor and coach engineering teams distributed across locations for efficient design, high performance and quality.
- Keep abreast of industry trends in technology for management with a view of identifying the right ones for adoption.
- Individual Contributor performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives. Yet will have to be able to work constructively in and with customer projects and teams.
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analyzing information from several different sources.
- Experienced in working with international teams in diverse locations.
- Strong cognitive skills - Advanced English and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters. May at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues.
- Has cross-cultural knowledge and global mindset.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.