Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
The 5G Algorithm and System Simulation Engineer job involves design, simulation and analysis of advanced RRM algorithms for current and next-generation mobile wireless RAN products to help Nokia achieve competitive differentiation in the marketplace. It includes research, design and development of massive MIMO beamforming, receiver, scheduler and radio resource management algorithms, using mathematical models and/or large-scale link-level and system-level simulations and/ or prototypes to validate the performance benefits of new design concepts and algorithms. The job requires maintaining knowledge of Nokia RAN product algorithms and algorithm roadmaps.
The primary responsibility for this position is the concept design and simulation analysis of the advanced RRM algorithms for current and next-generation mobile wireless networks (such as 5G and 6G), including radio access network algorithms, architecture, and emerging technologies, and new vertical markets. It includes research, design, and development of massive MIMO beamforming, receiver, scheduler, and radio resource management algorithms, using mathematical models and/or large-scale link-level and system-level simulations and/ or prototypes to validate the performance benefits of new design concepts and algorithms. It requires the knowledge and familiarity of 5G systems and in particular working experience in the Radio/PHY and/or MAC/RRM area. In particular, it requires knowledge of physical layer and signals processing technologies in the areas of massive MIMO, beamforming, channel estimation, receivers, link adaptation, single-user, and multi-user MIMO, and cooperative multipoint operation. Knowledge of dual connectivity, carrier aggregation, DSS and associated load balancing and flow control performance optimization concepts. The responsibility also includes designing and implementing machine learning algorithms using state-of-the-art machine learning tools besides conventional ones. The candidate will work in hands-on development of simulations/analysis.
- Knowledge and working experience in advanced mobile radio networks, such as LTE and 5G
- Knowledge and working experience in scheduler, radio resource management area and PHY/radio, such as, massive MIMO, channel estimation, and link adaptation algorithms, etc.
- Knowledge of beamforming techniques, such as, eigen beamforming, zero-forcing, and grid-of-beams techniques
- Knowledge of AI/ML such as the supervised learning, reinforcement learning, and associated training technic and tools
- Knowledge of single-user and multi-user MIMO techniques, distributed MIMO
- Knowledge of load balancing, flow control type of performance optimization for dual connectivity and carrier aggregation
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and methods, and its applications to wireless networks
- Working experience of large scale system simulators, being able to make necessary modifications to conduct performance analysis for new concept algorithm design including performance evaluation, enhancements, and optimization
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Matlab is essential
- Able to work with the team, positive attitude, and ready to take on challenges
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - Good presentation and writing skills
- Ability to drive the technical priorities for the group and mentor team members
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A MS or Ph.D (preferred) in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science with specialization in Communication Networks/ Digital Communications/ Digital Signal processing
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.