Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
We are looking for candidates willing to start a summer internship in our European Software & Engineering Center in Wroclaw, in Software Configuration Management (SCM) department supporting development of different tools used in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / DevOps.
If you join us you will have a chance to develop your technical skills in Linux, scripting languages (bash and python) and Version Control System (Git) working in commercial projects. You will act as a team member in one of our short–term activities supporting tools development for Continuous Development that are part of our ongoing projects. Trainee will act under guidance on specified competence area.
The person in this role will constantly contribute in improving and automating the DevOps related processes of Nokia R&D, with the goal of achieving the highest level of reliability and completion time. SCM takes care of the build and release process. Specifically, to setup, improve, and maintain CI/CD/DevOps systems to automate build, delivery, and release process. SCM also takes care of developing, automating, and maintaining different Linux Servers, virtualization solutions, and cloud resources as part of DevOps environment.
We Work With
- Linux, including server and service management.
- Cloud and virtualization technologies such as: Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, OpenStack
- Scripting languages: Bash and Python
- Version control systems Git/SVN
- Continuous Delivery systems (Jenkins)
- Build tools: Make, Cmake, Yocto/Bitbake
- Concepts and methodologies such as: Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / DevOps.
- student after 2nd year of Bachelor or Engineer degree studies in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent education
- Knowledge with Scripting Languages like Python, Bash
- Linux knowledge
- GIT/SVN knowledge
- passion for challenging technical problems
- team-player attitude
- good spoken and written English