These internships are educational opportunities intended to allow future managers to discover how we lead and develop our teams of Associates. Operations and Logistics Interns will learn how our managers effectively engage their teams to realize their full potential, ensure their performance in order to fulfil our customers’ expectations, and encourage a safe and productive environment within our large and complex Fulfillment Centers, Sortation Centers and Delivery Stations. As an intern you might join one of the following teams:
- Inbound – Managing truck reception and unloading, registering products in our systems, and stowing of inventory
- Outbound – Managing picking, sortation and packing processes, and shipping customer orders
- ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence Services) – Benchmarking, implementing best practices and working on continuous improvement projects for various sites
- ICQA (Inventory Control and Quality Assurance) – Ensuring inventory records are accurate and defects kept to a minimum
- Diving deep into data, mapping processes and problems
- Offering and testing potential solutions and implementing the best one(s)
- Interacting with highly efficient managers, technology development teams, and front line Associates to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges faced by one of the world’s fastest growing operations network
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ year university degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering, Business Management, or similar discipline
- You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the local language
- You are willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts hours
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices
- You should have strong decision-making skills, and use sound logic to communicate
- Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in a group project
- You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.