100% remotely or in our office: Warszawa, Kraków, Białystok
Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps, and everything in between. PHP is a core technology in many projects at Polcode, both for building brand new applications, and transitioning our clients off legacy applications to the latest services.
We’re looking for PHP Developers to join one of our projects.
Our client has been an industry leader in kitchen manufacturing in both UK and US markets for half a century and has become the UKs fastest growing designer, manufacturer, and retailer of kitchens. They run over 100 showrooms across the UK and plan to continue the expansion with many more. Join our team and be a part of their success story!
We’re flexible with requirements, so if you are a candidate who has a majority match, but does not meet 100% of the requirements, that’s OK! We’d still love to hear from you.
Our PHP developers contribute to improvements, new features, and maintenance of our Symfony 4/5 based web applications.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Build and maintain custom-built, cutting edge applications (Symfony 4/5 based)
- Write clean code that is clear and understandable by others
- Contribute to project estimations
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work with senior developers, business stakeholders, and development team to understand the initial scope for a new project
- At least 2 years experience in creating and maintaining object-oriented PHP7 based systems
- An understanding of the MVC approach to development
- Experience in working with MySQL (we’re using v8 currently)
- Experience in using version control systems (such as Git) as a part of the team
- Excellent communication skills – you must be able to describe technical issues to a non technical audience
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- A passion for adhering to coding standards and clean code
- A working knowledge of the Symfony framework
- A working knowledge of the Doctrine ORM
- Experience in creating and maintaining RESTFul APIs.
- Experience in automated testing (e.g. PHPUnit, Behat)
- Knowledge of design patterns, with practical experience of implementing them
- Experience with agile project methodologies (and its impact on iterative design)
- Experience in working in a continuous integration environment
- Familiar with Linux or Mac OS
- Previous experience in working for a retailer (familiarity with retail process)
- Personal development budget: classes, conferences, certification and events
- Work at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the place of your choice
- Competitive salary with up to 20 paid days off
- Professional onboarding process conducted by mentors and internal teams
- Opportunity to play the role of Tech Leader in projects and decision-making (Senior role)
- Develop your interests: Become a speaker at prestigious conferences and workshops, publish on our blog, help recruit developers, advise business partners in making strategic decisions or, at the senior level, act as a project leader or mentor. The choice is yours.
- Team integration events where you will see why our employees appreciate working at Polcode, and how friendships made with us last for years.
- Multisport card, private medical care, life insurance and meaningful bonuses