Nr ref.: LP/AS/ZD/11
The candidate will operate and provide support to the Roche DIA IT Instrument Simulators Platform at vCenter Server, ESXi, VMWare Horizon, and Virtual Desktop OS levels. Due to the nature of this Virtual Desktop infrastructure spread globally on 6 vCenter Server environments, containing 1000+ Windows Master Images, 1000+ Horizon Pools, and 12000+ running VMs, we are requesting a vSphere/Horizon VDI operator with a high/expert knowledge level and expertise on the automation, by scripting, of processes for the execution of repetitive tasks over vCenter Server VMs, Horizon pools, and Windows OSs; mainly by Windows PowerShell and VMware PowerCLI.
Proven hands-on experience with:
- Windows PowerShell & VMware PowerCLI Scripting Expert for creating new automation scripts, and also maintaining, improving, and executing the current ones.
- VMware vCenter Server ESXi (Operator)
- VMware Horizon (Operator)
- Windows OS (Operator)
- Basic knowledge:
- Windows AD, GPOs, WSUS
- Networking / Firewall
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Code as a code editor, and GitLab as a code repository and version control. Scripts will be executed, on-demand or scheduled, against VMware vCenter, VMware Horizon, and Windows OS.
- Requests, incidents, issues, and troubleshooting management (ServiceNow).
- Create and maintain technical documentation of automation scripts, Wiki & KB articles.
- Nice to have experience:
- VMware Identity Manager aka WorkSpace ONE Access (Operator).
- VMware VCP / Microsoft MCSA Certifications.
- NSX-T basic knowledge.
- Terraform, usage of existing APIs.
- ITIL Foundation level.